House for sale
53 St Johns Avenue,
4 2 2
Auction 3rd November
Lochness', a tightly held Federation beautyAn elegant reminder of years gone past, Lochness is a gracious C1913 example of an Arts and Crafts style Federation designed by acclaimed local architect BJ Waterhouse. Nestled high-side on a glorious north to rear 1179sqm, it showcases all the charm of its past with carefully preserved timber joinery, stunning leadlight features and stylised rose motifs. A grand entry room opens to gracious formal living spaces which in turn move on to a modern kitchen and large family room. Entertainers will love the grapevine covered alfresco terrace, sweeping garden areas, large pool and the versatility of the spacious original workshed. Lovingly cared for by its current owners for half a century, its prestigious setting is walking distance to the bus, rail, golf and village and within the Killara High School catchment.
* Timber floorboards, high ceilings, three original fireplaces
* Wide front decked verandah, gracious entrance room
* Stunning original joinery includes superb panelled ceilings
* Elegant formal lounge with leadlight features and fireplace
* Separate formal dining, large modern kitchen, dishwasher
* Walk-in pantry, substantial family room opens to the terrace
* Glorious grapevine covered terrace ideal winter or summer
* Expansive inground pool, level lawns and veggie gardens
* Vintage workshed with power, hot water and adjoining toilet
* Four generous bedrooms, large home office, utility/laundry
* Attic storage, 16 solar panels, water tank for garden use
* Lock up garage plus car space
* Elegant circular drive offers additional off street parking.
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe reliable. We have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however we cannot guarantee it. You should make your own enquiries as to its accuracy.
Last updated: 10:19AM on Oct 21st 2018