532 Wollombi Road,
St Albans, NSW
RURAL LIFESTYLE PROPERTYSituated near the historic village of St Albans this beautiful country retreat offers an escape from suburban life. The property is approximately 5km from the village and less than a 2 hour drive from Sydney's CBD, it's ideal for either permanent residence, or as is becoming more common a base residence combined with a second property or unit in the city; living between both as work and family commitments require.
Set upon approximately 2.5ha (6 acres) of gentle hill the picturesque surrounds are simply stunning. Enhanced by the adjoining 2500 acre St Albans Common with grazing land and lagoon seen from the elevated position of this property, the rural views are captured from every angle and depict the natural beauty of this Forgotten Valley.
The immaculately maintained improvement's include:
- Quality solid brick 3 bedroom residence
- Substantial self contained 2 bedroom studio
- Beautifully presented lawns and gardens
- 3 bay Colorbond farm shed
- Hardwood slab stables & yards
- Fully fenced and gated including - entrance, secure house yard and 3 paddocks
- Irrigation from the dam, licensed bore and Bio-septic system
Both residence and studio offer an expanse of open and covered outdoor living and entertaining areas. Verandahs are fitted with Issey retractable awnings ensuring comfort in all weather conditions. All bedrooms are of generous size and offer ample storage. The living areas and heart of the homes offer the perfect ambiance providing the ideal place to gather with family and friends.
The property lends itself to an array of uses and in the past has been home to horses, a few cows and also a lavender farm. There are existing fruit trees and an ideal spot for an extensive veggie garden. The paddocks have been improved over the years and are easily maintained with a ride on mower if no animals are preferred.
Quality features you will love include:
- Reverse cycle air conditioning through out both homes
- Feature sandstone two-way open fire place in the residence
- Slow combustion fire in the studio
- Screened French doors opening on to the verandah's
- Balconies off the bedrooms
- Ample storage cupboards through out both homes
- Renovated bathrooms
- Extensive out door living/entertaining areas
- Generous size bedrooms in both homes
- Insulation to both homes
- Large rain water storage capacity
- Dam with walkway
- Licensed Bore
- Alarm system in both homes
Personal inspections are being held by appointment, please contact us to arrange.
Rhys Coles - 0406 704 040
Paul Vella - 0437 454 942
WFR Office - 02 4566 4660
Further information in regards to the St Albans Common:
Since 1824 an area north of St Albans of approximately 10.4 square kilometres (4.0 sq mi) along the Mogo Creek has been in use as common land. This has its roots in the traditional "Common" of England and is designed to compensate "villagers" for the small size of their allotments. Perpetual succession to the St Albans Common was granted on 4 March 1853 to five trustees, who were to act on behalf of the "Settlers, Cultivators and other Inhabitance of the District". The land is private property, reserved for the use of the "Commoners" and is still run by the Commoners themselves through the Trustees. As well as being host to stock the Common has an extensive lagoon which provides a refuge to many water birds and wildlife. The whole area is now listed as a conservation area ensuring its preservation for future generations of St Albans Commoners.
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable. However, we can not guarantee its accuracy, and interested persons should rely on their own inquiries.
Property Code: 331