House for sale
54 Retreat Street,
Bridgeman Downs, QLD
6 3 6
Beautiful, Big acreage In Blue Chip LocaleInstructions are clear the date has been set all offers will be presented on Wednesday 20th September by 3.00pm.
SOMETIMES a house can achieve the remarkable, and this beautiful acreage at Bridgeman Downs is one of those special homes. Set in one of Brisbane's most serene and sophisticated rural residential neighbourhoods it is the idyllic setting for this expansive family home. Although clearly a prestige property built to impress, the six-bedroom residence also feels cosy and provides relaxed, approachable and unpretentious living over three levels.
Positioned in this sought after locale, this expansive family home lays claim to 2.5 acres of grounds with landscaped gardens and sweeping views offering absolute privacy, completely uninhibited by neighbours or the hustle and bustle of suburbia. The 2.5-acre block meant the house was able to stretch out. Everything is roomy.
Also impressive is how the property exudes peaceful rural seclusion when it is so conveniently located in Brisbane's northern suburbs, just a 25-minute drive to the City centre and the airport, and about 10 minutes from the reinvigorated Westfield Chermside, now the biggest shopping mall in Australia.
A true sense of arrival is experienced upon approaching the property via large wrought iron gates and a gently winding driveway, which ascends to the residence.
As lovers of Italian food, the kitchen is the ' owners' favourite space and the heart of the home. Thoughtful design means the kitchen is connected to the entertaining/pool area via a servery, and another servery joins it to the bar area, where a relaxing glass of wine can be enjoyed by a crackling fire.
There is also a charming wine cellar, which is set up for dinner parties to wow family and friends. In fact, one of Queensland's most famous power couples signed the wall in the 1980s - be sure to check it out to learn who when you take your inspection.
KITCHEN AND FAMILY DINING
- Tiled kitchen/dinning over looks beautiful courtyard & expansive undercover entertaining
- High & Low traditional cabinetry with stone bench top finishes
- Stainless steel electrical appliances
- Double sink with water filter
- Double Pantry and oversized recess for fridge freezer
- Ducted Air-con & ceiling fan
- Crimsafe security to doors and windows
- Serviced by a spacious laundry and powder room
- Complemented by a stunning stone fireplace, this wood burning fireplace is the centrepiece of the home.
- Solid wood bar, an entertainers delight, with built in fridge and single sink
- Crimsafe security, tiled flooring & ceiling fans
- Easy access to pool and entertaining area via aluminium sliding doors
- Access to wine cellar with extra dining
- Polished timber flooring, complements a neutral pallet
- Ducted Air-con and ceiling fans
- Entry to formal living & dining via wooden double doors
- TV media points, down lights
- Access to pool and entertaining via glass sliding doors
FORMAL LIVING AND DINING
- Bay windows complement large living areas
- Carpeted throughout with neutral pallet
- Decorative cornices
- Crimsafe security, air-conditioning
- Decorative solid timber door, opens up to the large entry
- Marbled tiled floor with neutral pallet
- Leads to a separate study/home office
- Feature bay window overlooking landscaped gardens
- Large master bedroom boasting a massive walk in wardrobe
- Ensuite with double vanity, large shower & floor to ceiling tiles
- Two further queen size bedrooms with double built ins
- Ceiling fans & crimsafe security
- Newly fitted carpet compliments neutral dcor
- Large double windows with crimsafe security
- Separate access through glass sliding doors
- Built in wardrobe, ceiling fan
- Tiled ensuite with shower and single vanity
- A solid timber stair way leads down to the oversized games room
- Currently housing a full sized championship snooker table
- Split system air conditioning, down lights
- Ample storage provides a perfect home business opportunity
- Access to double garage and workshop
TWO FURTHER ROOMS
- Solid timber floors complement neutral pallets
- Split system air-conditioning & built ins
- Large separate shed with hoist for the car enthusiast
- Landscaped dam with full water irrigation system to gardens and lawns
- Large family in ground pool with feature spa & waterfall
- Dual access from Retreat Street & Beams Road (on title)
- Intercom and updated alarm system
- Entry via electric gates, sensor closing system
- NEC phone system with capacity for 8 lines & up to 24 extensions
- Combination of ducted air conditioning & split system.
Make no mistake this private, stylish and brilliantly located home that offers a rare opportunity in the sought-after suburb of Bridgeman Downs will sell. Close to local public transport, with access to both public and sta...
Last updated: 10:33AM on Sep 22nd 2017