House for sale
55 Mugga Way,
Red Hill, ACT
5 4 8
Former Ambassador’s Residence*Inspect by prior appointment*
A large executive residence set on an expansive 1,946 sq metre landholding, private and beautifully presented. Spanning two levels, it offers the perfect layout for executive living and formal and informal entertaining. Featuring light filled interiors, quality finishes, high ceilings and gracious entrance, formal living and dining areas. The gourmet kitchen includes Mile appliances and two full sized integrated dishwashers allowing easy entertaining, glass cooktops and gas burner, two ovens, integrated microwave, butler’s pantry with access to both the food preparation areas and the dining room. It flows seamlessly to the casual dining, living and outdoor entertaining areas.
Be pleasantly welcomed into the home by a palatial entrance hall with polished oak floors a grand maple feature staircase, and access to the glass indoor garden. The large dining room which seats 20+ guests comfortably. The formal lounge features an open fire, bay windows and is currently home to a concert grand piano. The formal spaces allow entertaining comfortably for at least 100 guests, with easy access for guests to the private powder room.
The home features 5 double bedrooms, 3 with ensuites. The possibilities are endless, with the ground floor suitable for grandparents or extended family, with a double bedroom (a full sized ensuite with separate bath and shower) with private access to outdoor living spaces, as well as space for live-in help, (a separate entry, bedroom and ensuite) without compromising the privacy of the family accommodation on the second floor, which comprises three additional bedrooms, the main bedroom completely self-contained, with an oversized dressing room/study, sitting area by the open fire place with unrivalled views across Canberra Grammar School ovals, towards Black Mountain. The other two large double bedrooms on the second floor are serviced by a full-sized bathroom with a double Caesar stone benchtop and spa bath.
The laundry, matching the kitchen with Caesar stone benching and splash back is suitable for a large extended busy executive family. Offering exceptional comfort and a practical floorplan the versatile living options are endless.
Complete with secure electronic gated entry, security system and parking spaces for 8 vehicles inside the property, you can live in absolute peace and privacy while still being superbly located.
Located on Canberra’s “Golden Mile “this property has never been sold before on the open property market is very close to Canberra Grammar School, 10 minutes to the CBD, has close proximity to excellent restaurants, is a 10 minute walk to Manuka shopping precinct and across the road from the Red Hill Nature Reserve.
- A prime corner block on an expansive 1,946 sq. metre block
- Generous two-storey layout with massive formal and informal living areas
- Large alfresco deck, paved terrace and landscaped gardens with electronic gates – accessing both Mugga Way and Alexander Street
- Five double bedrooms, three with ensuites
- Massive main bedroom with an open fireplace, ensuite, full sized dressing room/study (or nursery)
- Top of the range kitchen with Mile appliances and access to butler’s pantry
- Dining room to seat 20+ guests
- Updated separate laundry matching kitchen
- Fully fenced, with Conifer and English Box hedging
- Beautiful landscaped garden, featuring magnificent established Oak, Manchurian pear, and Plum trees
- Entrance shaded by hanging ornamental grapevines, and hedged camellias
- Glass atrium with indoor garden
- Ducted air-conditioning (two systems)
- Security system
- Instant hot water system (two units)
Last updated: 12:27PM on Nov 28th 2018