House for sale
59 Avalon Road,
3 2 3
A RARE 45 ACRE HAVEN AND A NATURE LOVER'S PARADISE*This unique property is available to view via inspection only, so please contact to book your private inspection*
- Sheldon is home to the prestigious Sheldon College and some 23 km south-east of Brisbane. Are you looking for a bird and wildlife sanctuary that meets all the living needs of a modern family? A dream lifestyle where you share your clean air, gully-fed lagoon and pristine eucalyptus bush environment with koalas, wallabies, echidnas, water dragons and turtles, to name but a few?
- Unless you are a qualified ornithologist, an encyclopaedia-style bird book is recommended as you listen to birdsong and are mesmerised by the cacophony of the beautiful array of birds at dawn, or when they are returning to roost after a day foraging in the natural bushland. Kookaburras are king, rainbow lorikeets bountiful, as are wrens, bush pheasants, pink crested galahs, blue faced honey-eaters ... the list goes on.
- There are 45 acres which have been carefully nurtured to enhance this unique ecology, within easy access to city, airport and both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
- Very careful consideration was given to the placement of the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom residence, oriented 8 degrees east of north to ensure maximum sunlight in winter. It is positioned on the highest point of the property to capture the eastern sea breeze, with a 400 m winding all-weather road to lead you there.
- Floor to ceiling windows face north, the house is fully screened, and the kitchen has a gas cooktop and electric oven. Serviced by underground power and town water and clearance of five acres around it, the house is kept tidy by a ride-on mower which remains as a chattel. There is three- car accommodation adjacent to the home and the obligatory steel shed to house whatever you need to look after this secluded and peaceful oasis. The surprise is that your nearest neighbour is unseen but only 250 m away.
- This select area of land first came on the market in 1985 and has been cherished by one family for 32 years. You have the chance of a lifetime to be the second custodian.
Property Code: 120
Last updated: 02:25PM on Jun 22nd 2017