House for sale
6 Manor Street,
6 3 6
PRIVATE SALE - INSPECTION BY PRIVATE APPOINTMENT
Victorian Family Estate with Grand Entertaining in Prestige PositionINPSECTION BY PRIVATE APPOINTMENT - CONTACT AGENT
A magnificent Middle Brighton home of distinctive beauty, relaxed warmth and period integrity, this spectacular 6 bedroom family home offers a commanding 2-storey presence over an impressive 1,419sqm (approx.). A striking example of elaborate Victorian architecture (Orriti, circa 1890), this landmark estate is a rare, once-in-a-generation opportunity, footsteps from sand, sea, rail and retail.
Beyond the imposing yet elegant facade, a traditional bluestone and wrought-iron verandah entry gives way to a broad, arched hallway. Each space tells its own story with three character-rich formal rooms up front, all leaving a lasting impression under towering ceilings. Cleverly connected and disconnected via a parade of bi-fold timber doors, formal lounge and dining rooms are book-ended by full-height windows streaming natural light to all corners. Enjoy an unmistakable feeling of substance in both of these spaces, perfect for large-scale entertaining through to smaller informal gatherings.
Discover a refined sitting room, a light-filled study, and wide-reaching, window-walled open-plan living and dining, warmed by an open fireplace with a firewood niche. A recently renovated kitchen is enhanced by a Caesarstone-topped, waterfall-edged island bench, high-end Smeg oven, a vintage Aga gas combustion stove with a pair of hotplates, and access to a large sub-floor cellar in the walk-in pantry.
A beautifully balanced home with generous proportions and scale, enjoy effortless flow outdoors to a partially sheltered courtyard on bluestone tiling. The private back yard is anchored by a muscular lemon-scented gum, fronting a lush lawn with bordering established gardens. Equally welcoming and family-friendly, entertaining will become second nature with all this space at your disposal.
Head upstairs via a grand timber staircase with impressive leadlighting at eye level. All half a dozen bedrooms are zoned on this floor with plenty of room for rest and retreat. The main bedroom comes complete with a fully fitted dressing room and a stone-finished, twin-vanity ensuite boasting a frameless shower. A fully tiled, heated bathroom hosts a bathtub, another is supremely skylit, while one of the large bedrooms offers direct access to the verandah balcony at the rear. At the front of the home, step out to a timber-topped balcony to be greeted by breathtaking, blue-water bay views and soothing summer sea breezes in equal measure. A Bayside lifestyle does not get any better than this!
In a triple-brick house alive with personality, comprehensive features include a handy ground-floor powder room, laundry with ample storage and cabinetry, a large storeroom or studio, substantial under-stairs storage, a remote-controlled garage plus up to 6 additional driveway parks, garden shed, hydronic heating, and split-system air-conditioning.
Key details authentic to the Victorian period include original hardwood flooring, decorative cornices, exquisite ceiling artistry and roses, arched windows, bluestone foundations, a full-height verandah with wrought-iron lacework, colourful leadlighting, slate roof, tessellated tiling, and marble-encased, ornamental open fireplaces in almost every room.
Prominently positioned, footsteps from Church Street, the foreshore, and Melbourne’s finest schools, become the latest custodian of this timeless property, once owned by notable Brighton identity and artist Guy Boyd. Make your move into a prestigious, tightly held neighbourhood today.
At a glance...
* 6 large bedrooms, 5 with BIR and a range of features, palatial main with dressing room
* 3 luxurious bathrooms/ensuites
* Caesarstone-detailed kitchen with vintage Aga gas combustion stove, Smeg oven, a dishwasher, and a waterfall-edged island bench
* Walk-in pantry with large sub-floor wine cellar
* Wide-reaching, light-filled open-plan living and dining with open fireplace and firewood niche
* Formal lounge room with open fireplace
* Formal dining room with open fireplace
* Stately sitting room/library with open fireplace
* Roomy study with open fireplace
* Ground-floor powder room
* Large laundry with cabinetry
* Front balcony with relaxed blue-water bay views
* Second balcony, set to the rear overlooking yard
* Courtyard alfresco, lush lawn and established garden with shed
* Semi-circular driveway behind walled front fence
* Remote-controlled garage plus additional off-street parking
* Hydronic heating and split-system heating/cooling
* Roman and Holland blinds
* Extensive Victorian period features throughout
* Moments from beach, schools, restaurants, transport, shopping and parkland
Property Code: 1344
Last updated: 05:07PM on Aug 13th 2019