House for sale
6 Wilson Street,
4 2 2
Winston: Family Estate Perfection in Prime PositionA magnificent Middle Brighton home of singular beauty and period integrity, this captivating 4 bedroom family home (Winston: circa 1912) is defined by handsome, yet elegant, Federation-era artistry. Superbly set on a deep and broad 1,172sqm (approx.) parcel of land and neatly nestled between Bay and Church Streets, this is prestigious Brighton living without compromise.
Each space tells its own story with three distinguished formal rooms, all significant in scope and displaying a genuine sense of occasion on Baltic pine under soaring ceilings. A character-rich dining room is ideal for entertaining with substance, a private and relaxed sitting room is framed by a marble-mantled open fireplace, and a large living room’s parade of bay windows stream sunlight to all corners.
Entirely in tune with modern demands, the stone-topped kitchen and casual dining/meals area showcases high-end Smeg and Miele appliances. There is a relaxed warmth at play here, equally inviting and family-friendly.
Enhanced by a strong sense of space throughout, the outdoor areas are testament to inspired planning. Enjoy effortless flow outside to alfresco dining and entertaining with a remote-controlled, all-weather awning providing shade and shelter over stylish travertine tiles. A tempting solar-heated swimming pool delivers a thrilling centrepiece to sprawling grounds overlooked by the stately St Cuthbert’s spire.
On ground-level, three bedrooms are generous in size and bright in nature. The main bedroom comes complete with majestic bay window, a dressing room and a private, palatial ensuite showcasing an oversized shower and twin vanity. A family bathroom offers a luxe, standalone bathtub with separate, walk-in shower.
Head upstairs and discover a versatile space currently being used as a private retreat. This space could work equally as well as a home office, rumpus room or reading room. A fourth bedroom is staged on this level, overlooking the neighbourhood with a picture window spectacularly framing the St Cuthbert’s spire.
In a house alive with personality, comprehensive features include a large, stone-topped laundry with ample storage and cabinetry, a storeroom under the stairs doubling as a wine room, substantial attic storage, double carport with additional driveway parking, garden shed, workshop, heating/cooling throughout, the security of a back-to-base alarm system, automatic watering system and a number of rainwater tanks servicing a charming garden and yard.
Overflowing with distinctive charm, complementary period features include decorative ceilings including exquisite roses, sweeping veranda, intricate lead lighting, a number of light-capturing bay windows and ornate open fireplaces.A privileged Brighton lifestyle does not get any better than this. Situated halfway between Church Street and Bay Street it is a leisurely stroll to boutique shopping, bustling cafes, and the local train stations as well as close proximity to both Firbank and Brighton Grammar. Properties of this special character are often generational and rarely presented for sale, making this a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- 4 large bedrooms, 2 with BIR, main bedroom with dressing room and striking ensuite featuring a twin vanity and extensive storage, upstairs bedroom with WIR, built-in dressing table and panel heating
- Distinctive formal dining room with open fireplace
- Welcoming formal living room
- Private formal sitting room with marble-mantled open fireplace and bay windows
- Sparkling, stone-topped kitchen with Smeg oven/cooktop, Miele dishwasher and casual meals/dining area
- Upstairs retreat/home office with built-in desk and ceiling fan
- Luxury family bathroom with sumptuous standalone bath, twin vanity and separate shower
- Large laundry with ample storage
- Double carport with storage capabilities and additional driveway parking
- Additional storage under stairs/wine room and attic storage
- Solar-heated pool surrounded by travertine-tiles
- Alfresco dining and entertaining on travertine terrace under remote-controlled awning
- Mains gas barbecue
- Gas ducted heating and split-system heating and cooling
- Back-to-base alarm system
- Period features include decorative cornice work, Baltic pine floorboards, elaborate leadlight windows, ornate open fireplaces and intricate ceiling roses.
- Established gardens with elegant hedges and fruiting mulberry tree
- Large 9000 litre rainwater tank and two smaller tanks
- Automatic watering system
- Garden shed and workshop/tool shed
- Moments from transport, shopping, schools, parkland, beach
Property Code: 1058
Last updated: 10:49AM on Jul 18th 2018