House for sale
60 Fairford Street,
5 3 2
Design masterpiece - the perfect mix of character, contemporary style and sustainable livingUnderstated and private, this stunning home is an amazing transition from the original 1910 return verandah villa to fabulous contemporary living. Architecturally designed and
extensively renovated, the owners have created a warm family home with amazing attention to detail, intelligent design and every consideration for living sustainably and comfortably.
Welcoming from the outside with a discrete entrance, native front garden, lovely verandahs, original paned windows, stunning stained-glass leadlight at the front door, old flows delightfully to new. Entering the home, the hall boasts charming character elements, long and wide with polished floorboards and all the traditional character features. From the hallway a stunning double formal living area is welcoming and so functional. Filled with light via long windows and jointed by gorgeous double doors. All the fireplaces are functional.
The stunning designer family bathroom is superbly located and gorgeous, you can certainly relax in the freestanding bath in the sanctuary-feel setting.
The interior continues to delight with all the features on the next generation’s wish list. Complementary finishes of stone, glass, steel and natural timber are the contemporary interpretation inspired by the original textures outside. The ultra modern industrial styled extension is the perfect incorporation of rustic colour palette, varied textures and simple stylish visual elements, melding to create soothing and relaxed spaces.
The kitchen is outstanding, reflecting the careful thought and consideration in designing an unparalleled work and social space. A huge Caesarstone bench is at the hub with ample storage and various prep spaces. This user-friendly work space extends to the adjacent laundry and pantry with café windows opening to the outdoors.
The family room space is tremendous, filled with northerly light through the floor to ceiling glass windows designed to maximise winter sunshine and avoid direct sun in summer. There is an enviably huge wood fire place for extra warmth and ambience in winter.
The loft style master suites upstairs is separate and private, featuring its own living area, a nursery or study, amazing dressing room and ensuite with views to the hills.
The north facing decked terrace extends the home and overlooks the garden and sparkling pool and spa. The deck heated with a and plumbed for a gas BBQ or outdoor kitchen. There are lawns for children to run and play, space for a cubby, a home for pets and room for a veggie garden. Beautiful Ornamental Pear Trees along the back and side fence provide lovely screens and shades in summer and add extra botanical feel to the home.
Located prestigiously on a quite tree lined street in Unley and within minutes from the city, stroll to the local shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants of Duthy Street, Unley and King William Roads. There is convenient access to sought-after schools including Unley Primary and Walford. This home is complete and ready for a new family to enjoy a perfect lifestyle.
- 1910 built and 2013 architecturally designed renovation and extension
- Up to 5 bedrooms
- Separate master suite upstairs with living room, dressing room, ensuite and nursery/study
- Double formal rooms to the front
- Large open wood fireplace (Jetmaster) to living room, also equipped for conversion to gas or electricity if needed.
- functional fireplaces throughout home
- Designer kitchen with generous work bench space, storage, quality appliances,Zip tap, insinkerator double oven, induction cook top and butler’s pantry
- Cellar: >700 bottle capacity
- Ducted reversed cycle air conditioning, 3 units and zoned (incl. pantry)
- Underfloor heating and cooling in tiled areas (Family room and bathrooms)
- Elaborately designed and selected light fittings throughout
- Third marble-tiled bathroom off laundry, perfect for visitors and pool users
- Security system
- Intercom to front gate with face recognition
- Auto sliding gate
- Double carport with extra room as service or storage area. Off street parking for two more vehicles
- Heated outdoor entertaining area
- Maintenance free outdoor decking made of recycled milk bottles
- Low maintenance garden with shed
- Watering system in front and back gardens
- MagnaPool mineral swimming pool with spa (solar and gas heated)
For more information, 360 degree panoramic view of the home, ToopCreate Kitchen Design and ToopFurnish, please visit www.60fairford.toop.com.au
Last updated: 05:27PM on Sep 20th 2018