Rural for sale
602 Grady Creek Road,
6 4 2
READY TO SELL - ULTIMATE LIFESTYLE PROPERTYOwners are keen to sell and have reduced the price: Ripples on the Creek' is a 100-acre property situated on the Lions Road Tourist Drive, a 2-hour drive south of Brisbane, a 1.5-hour drive west of Byron Bay, and 20 minutes north of Kyogle.
The property boasts a myriad of features; primarily:
- 100 acres of beautiful countryside with mixture of creek flats and undulating hill, bordered by a beautiful pristine creek.
- Three-bedroom original farmhouse, renovated.
- Two well-appointed one-bedroom cabins currently being rented out for short-term holiday/farmstay accommodation, creating additional income for minimal work.
- Council approval for another eight holiday cabins to be built on the property.
- An open-plan multi-purpose building with large verandah and commercial kitchen.
This picturesque property is one of a kind, and comes with loads of potential.
With quality, manageable farm land, the property can run around 30 beef cattle breeders plus progeny. Approximately 50% of the property is comprised of productive creek flats with cropping potential. There also a 36 megalitre irrigation license.
The two one-bedroom holiday cabins are nestled beside the creek, and provide guests with tranquil surroundings, comfort and a touch of luxury. Both cabins feature a private outdoor spa on the cabin deck along with a well-equipped kitchenette, modern bathroom, air-conditioning, gas log fire, and contemporary rattan furnishings. Ideally suited to couples, these cabins are the perfect destination for a romantic country getaway. The cabins attract visitors predominately from South East Queensland, but also interstate and overseas travellers. The creek and countryside are home to platypus, fish (including Bass), wallabies and other flora/fauna, providing cabin guests with a variety of nature-based activities to enjoy during their stay. The property is also the perfect base for exploring the Scenic Rim, Border Ranges National Park and other local attractions.
The three-bedroom owner's/manager's farmhouse on the property has three bedrooms, a verandah, kitchen, lounge, laundry, second toilet and a large enclosed verandah/sunroom. It features a recently renovated bathroom, new stainless steel upright gas oven/stove, and the exterior painted in a contemporary colour scheme.
The multi-purpose building is currently being used as an office and as a function centre for weddings. The building has recently been renovated with a contemporary colour scheme, lighting and dÃ©cor, a new section of roof over the verandah, modern tables and chairs, plus extensive landscaping including a three-tier water feature, concrete pathway, and lush lawns and gardens (an attraction in itself). There is a large carpark area and a teardrop driveway with a disabled drop-off area outside the entrance to the building. This building features a fully-equipped large commercial kitchen with various appliances and cooking equipment, and can cater for functions up to 80 people.
'Ripples on the Creek' has loads of potential for growth and development of its existing business activities, together with diversification into other areas. Possible options for the new owners:
- More cabin accommodation. The property has approval for another eight cabins to be built on the property, and could possibly include two-bedroom cabins to cater for a diversified market such as families and/or couples travelling together.
- The development of a camping ground and/or 'glamping' to take advantage of increasing demand for camping sites.
- Build a new home on the hill to make the most of the beautiful views, and convert the existing home into an additional cabin.
- Conversion of the multi-purpose building into any of the following: an additional cabin, an extension of the three-bedroom home, a studio/gallery, or a large office/reception/kiosk area should the development
of more cabins/camping occur.
- Development of more activities such as guided tours, horse-riding, mountain-biking, adventure tourism, four-wheel driving or other farm-based/nature-based activities.
- The development of more cross-selling opportunities to utilise the multi-purpose building, such as themed weekends like detox/health packages, cooking schools etc.
- The further development of the wedding/function side of the business.
This property is being offered WIWO. There is a long list of inclusions consisting of forward bookings, website with online booking system, and Facebook page with over 4000 followers; the two cabins with all furniture, linen and other supplies; the multi-purpose building with commercial kitchen and equipment, tables and chairs; three bedroom farmhouse; old dairy/shed for storage; small tractor and slasher. A comprehensive list of inclusions is available on request.
Business, Lifestyle, Location
Last updated: 03:24AM on Jan 18th 2018