62 Asling Street,
Stunning Victorian Elegance with Wide Contemporary AppealGraceful, family-focused, and significantly extended to accommodate every requirement of modern living, this beautifully balanced 5 bedroom plus study Victorian (Seymour: Circa 1896) showcases a faithfully restored combination of stately period features and stunning contemporary living space with oversized outdoor allure.
The property makes a grand statement from street level, but beyond the traditional block-fronted elegance of this treasure, there is fully renovated function at play. Under soaring ceilings with original hardwood flooring underfoot, discover a broad, arched hallway branching off to light-filled, formal sitting and dining rooms, while a large study has the flexibility to work as a sixth bedroom.
The sprawling layout offers privacy and retreat for the whole family with a newer extension to the rear providing casual entertaining and everyday relaxation. Sunlit and spacious open-plan living and dining pivots a stone-topped kitchen boasting a walk-in pantry, and high-end Ilve and Asko appliances. Enjoy effortless flow to an expansive timber deck overlooking a landscaped, low-maintenance garden, anchored by the majestic beauty of an imposing ghost gum. The outdoor showpiece is an inviting, solar-heated, self-cleaning pool incorporating an 18 metre lap component.
Radiating a genuine feeling of warmth, the main bedroom naturally attracts light, serviced by a substantial dressing room and a striking, twin-vanity ensuite. The remaining robed bedrooms are staged upstairs, alongside an additional living space or retreat and a sumptuous family bathroom with bath. One of the bedrooms showcases a private balcony with commanding views over the rear of the property.
In a house alive with style and personality, all of the period features on display add value, inspiring thoughts of entertaining. The lavish list includes an intricate wrought-iron and timber bullnose verandah, marble-mantled open fireplaces, exquisite leadlight windows, cornice craftsmanship, Baltic pine flooring, decorative stonework, a circular front garden with a water fountain and picket fence, and period light fittings and chandeliers bursting out of elaborate ceiling roses.
Special features include a handy mud room, a large laundry, secure alarm system, integrated storage solutions, central heating and cooling throughout, off-street parking, secure workshop, Sydney blue gum flooring on the upper level, and tank-watered, low-maintenance, landscaped gardens.
The exclusive address is second to none. So close to Bay Street rail and retail, Elsternwick Primary School, Melbourne’s leading private schools, the lush greenery of Kamesburgh Gardens, and a short walk to the foreshore, this investment cuts across time. Inspect with certainty.
At a glance...
* 5 large bedrooms, palatial main with dressing room and stunning twin-vanity ensuite, 4 with BIR
* Spacious and skylit open-plan living and dining with gas fireplace and variable ceiling height creating depth and natural light
* Versatile formal sitting room with bay windows and marble-mantled open fireplace
* Formal dining room
* Sparkling, stone-topped kitchen with high-end Ilve oven, Asko dishwasher and timber-topped island bench and breakfast bar
* Upstairs and downstairs family bathrooms with sumptuous baths
* Upstairs retreat/additional living room
* Large, light-filled study
* Handy mud room
* Supersized, partially sheltered timber-topped alfresco deck
* Inviting, solar-heated, self-cleaning swimming pool with 18 metre lap component
* Landscaped, low-maintenance garden and lawn with water tank storage
* Large and secure workshop/shed
* Attic storage plus under-stairs storage/cellar
* Large laundry
* Off-street parking
* Secure alarm system
* Ducted heating and cooling
* Holland blinds
* Original Baltic Pine hardwood flooring, Sydney Blue Gum upstairs and plush carpeting
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, cafes, parkland and the beach
Property Code: 1292