House for sale
73 Curry Street,
5 2 2
Simply Stunning Hamptons’ Inspired Californian BungalowAuction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
Behind the picket fence, tessellated tiled entrance and sunny front verandah, this captivating c1930’s residence perfectly blends Californian bungalow charm with a hint of the Hamptons. Cleverly extended for modern practicalities, the 5-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home has retained all its original elegance, from the formal lounge room with gorgeous plaster ceiling, to leadlight windows and original timber floors, doors and architraves.
A new Blackbutt deck and terraces provide delightful alfresco entertaining spots beside the refreshing saltwater pool, while the upper level parents’ retreat with relaxation zone, dressing room and sumptuous ensuite provides a complete sense of sanctuary capturing a perfect northeasterly aspect and ocean and headland views.
A relaxed living and dining zone with library/music nook is the hub of this home and connects seamlessly with an eye-catching Tanya Fogarty designed kitchen. Taking centre stage with its blue/black shaker cabinetry, 80mm stone benchtops, Belfast sink and hand-painted tiled splashback, it makes catering for the family or entertaining friends effortless.
A substantial resume of features includes air-conditioning, gas fire, Italian glass mosaic tiles, pendant lighting from Restoration Hardware in the US, a ceiling projector, new carpet, rainwater tanks and lower level utility space and storage. Bordered by beautifully landscaped gardens, this is a desirable haven that delivers both private retreats and fabulous communal hubs flaunting all the advantages of its coveted location a stroll to pristine uncrowded coastline with world-class surf breaks, swimming and dining all close by.
- Californian bungalow updated and extended on a 682sqm northeast to rear parcel
- Formal lounge room with working fireplace and air-conditioning
- Air-conditioned open plan family living and dining with music/library nook
- Enhanced by the natural warmth of lime washed timber floors
- Kitchen appointed with Ilve gas cooker, ducted range hood and Miele dishwasher
- Stylishly updated family bathroom and powder room
- Master ensuite with cast iron bathtub, double shower and Caesarstone vanity
- Easy outdoor flow to new Blackbutt all-weather deck and Spanish style terrace
- Single garage and additional driveway parking
- Neighbourly street ideal for growing families
Last updated: 10:17AM on Jan 17th 2018