8 Holmwood Avenue,
Timeless Appeal and Rare Opportunity in Superb LocationA timeless illustration of character-rich integrity over two levels, this high-gabled and handsome 4 bedroom (plus study) home expertly blends elegant Arts and Crafts artistry with Art Deco charm in a true position of privilege. Set over approximately 699sqm in a whisper-quiet court, this is prestigious Brighton living within walking distance of Royal Brighton Yacht Club, Firbank, Brighton Grammar, North Brighton trains, and Bay Street shopping.
Picture-perfect from street level, discover a welcoming entrance hallway leading to formal lounge and dining rooms under towering ceilings. Substantial period flourishes add grandeur, from ornate open fireplaces to bevelled glass doors, a bay window and ornamental timber framework. Enjoy a versatile study and a separate kitchen featuring a high-end Miele dishwasher. A more recent addition is a wonderfully bright family room under exposed timber beams, connecting with the privacy of a low-maintenance, leafy garden.
Head upstairs via a timber-railed staircase with colourful leadlighting at eye level. Boasting commanding treetop vistas, the quartet of large and light bedrooms are staged on this floor, serviced by a bathroom.
Comprehensive features include a large laundry, storage under stairs, double-brick construction, ducted heating, split-system air conditioning in the dining room, a single garage plus additional driveway parking, a workshop/shed, and an outdoor shower and WC.
Opportunity is knocking with the unique option to renovate a classic, build your dream home or develop the block any way you see fit (STCA). The choice is yours with the house effortlessly offering relaxed and comfortable living today, easily enjoyed during an interim period. The position is unrivalled, the proportions spot-on and the sheer potential is simply unmatched!
At a glance…
* Approximately 699sqm with powerful potential for development (STCA) in quiet cul-de-sac
* 4 large bedrooms, 2 with BIR
* Kitchen with Miele dishwasher
* Formal lounge and dining rooms with open fireplaces
* Compact and versatile study
* Large laundry
* Ample storage
* Art Deco and Arts and Crafts period features
* Single garage with workshop/shed plus additional driveway parking
* Ducted heating and split-system heating and cooling
* Established, low-maintenance garden
* Outdoor shower and WC
* Moments from the beach, schools, transport, shopping, restaurants and parkland
Property Code: 1346