House for sale
8 The Common,
5 6 3
Appointment for Private Viewing
Location…..Lifestyle…..State of the Art21st Century Contemporary Living !
One of Adelaide’s premiere addresses – 8 THE COMMON, BEAUMONT !
This remarkable John Chappel design stands the test of time. The double brick home was built to his typical high end principles of good design – function, truth & architectural integrity. The home, of approx. 727sqm, is of the highest quality. It provides one level easy living, is set on approximately 2,074 square meters of land and has been lovingly & luxuriously renovated throughout with eco-sustainability concepts in mind, and with no expense spared to create an enviable lifestyle.
The astute home buyer will appreciate the astounding detail of renovation the owners have undertaken. Most of that internal infrastructure is beyond what the eyes can see.
The north-facing front of the home, Master Bedroom, Formal Living, Dining and Kitchen areas, captures the panoramic view of The Common. Another four large ensuite bedrooms, on the east side of the L-shaped home, all have access to the resort style recreational and entertaining facilities; the queen size suite has direct access.
The large Den has a full-size billiards table, bar, built-in desk, and spiral staircase access to the custom-built underground cellar, which has a storage capacity of approximately 1,500 bottles.
An architecturally designed Pavilion, which overlooks the swimming pool offers a full outdoor kitchen with BBQ/Teppanyaki, a steam/sauna room, Japanese style gas-heated Onsen/hot bath & full bathroom.
The home has double-glazed European style windows with flyscreens. Solar power and a 150,000L underground water tank add to the excellent energy and environmental efficiency. Completely re-plumbed and rewired, and fitted with Clipsal C-bus automation, the attention to detail is incredible.
After tennis enjoy a sauna and a dip in your personal Onsen, or swim & relax as you read the 4-page memorandum list of features this home offers.
The list of improvements goes on & on & on. This home must be seen to be appreciated - a home with substance.
A summary of features (by no means exhaustive):
• North facing 36.6 metre frontage on 2 titles.
• The Master king size suite has a double vanity, bath, shower alcove, toilet/bidet, WIR and large BIRs.
• Jag kitchen, overlooking The Common, with granite bench tops, huge centre island, walk-in pantry, casual dining area and working desk.
• Miele induction cooker and separate gas wok burner, microwave/combo oven, automatic programmes oven, steamer, dish/food warming drawer and dishwasher. Samsung double door fridge/freezer.
• Bedrooms – each double-sized room has its own ensuite bathroom with bidet, underfloor heating, and a study nook.
• American oak timber flooring in formal living and dining areas.
• All bedrooms and the den are fully carpeted with 100% wool carpets.
• All high traffic areas have high quality imported ceramic tiles.
• Daikin reverse cycle ducted air-conditioning.
• Jet Master Heat & Glo balanced flue gas heaters.
• Clipsal C-Bus automation enables programming of lights, blinds and control of all media – music, movies, satellite, radio & security.
• Speakers to all main rooms and bedrooms, pool area, sauna & pavilion
• Ozone filtered heated swimming pool, approx. 11.5m x 4.5m.
• North-South flood-lit lawn tennis court with sub-surface irrigation.
• 3-car garage with cul-de-sac access from Burton Avenue.
• Up to 4.4m high raked insulated ceilings.
• 30 x 180W Solar PV panels.
• Solar Hot Water system, gas-boosted.
• 150,000 litre underground water tank.
• Reticulated watering system.
• LED lighting, and ceiling fans.
• New colourbond roof.
APPROX. TOTAL BUILDING AREAS 727sqm :
- Living Areas 506 sqm
- Verandahs 67 sqm
- Garage 77 sqm
- Cellar 18 sqm
- Pavilion 59 sqm
Last updated: 02:45PM on Nov 17th 2017