80 Rutland Avenue,
Mount Eliza, VIC
Dream site on Ranelagh EstateA gracious weatherboard home near the Mount Eliza Village, ‘Southerndown’ presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to acquire an exceptional land holding in the Ranelagh Estate.
This beachside family treasure has gazed over the Walter Burley Griffin-designed enclave for almost 70 years from a double block comprising 2 titles, near the crest of Rutland Avenue.
Her exchanging of hands presents a rare chance to purchase 2 neighbouring Ranelagh Estate titles concurrently, totalling a substantial 1455sqm (approx).
The split-level 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom ‘Southerndown’ residence occupies the higher 705 sqm (approx) allotment, where she was built 7 decades ago to capture a sweeping Port Phillip Bay view.
Today that view presents as bay glimpses from the rear of the house, with potential to explore new horizons from a second storey (STCA).
No.78 is a leafy 750 sqm (approx) allotment behind the same charming picket fence.
This is blue-ribbon territory 350m via Blue Ridge Lane to the village shops, a 10-minute walk to the Ranelagh Club gates and to the golden sands and bathing boxes of Ranelagh Beach beyond.
The home features hardwood floorboards, timber sash windows, decorative cornices, an original kitchen, a central bathroom and a sunlit front lounge with an open fire.
An elevated master bedroom at the rear catches the bay glimpses while a generous downstairs room presents as a either a 4th bedroom or 2nd living.
Other appointments include a gas log fire, established gardens, water tanks, and a quiet location beachside of Wimborne Avenue.
Buy 1 or buy both and live the dream in the Ranelagh Estate.
• Gracious weatherboard residence 350m to the Mount Eliza Village
• Exceptional land holding comprising a double block with 2 titles
• Opportunity to purchase both titles, together totalling 1455sqm (approx)
• Split-level 4-bedroom residence occupies the higher 705 sqm (approx) allotment
• Leafy 750 sqm (approx) adjacent allotment
• 10-minute walk to the Ranelagh Club and Ranelagh Beach
• Bay glimpses from the rear of the house
• Hardwood floorboards, timber sash windows, decorative cornices
• Sunlit front lounge with an open fire
• Close to excellent primary and secondary schools
• Quiet location beachside of Wimborne Avenue