82 Cambridge Terrace,
Stunning dream homeEveryone’s dream, the classic villa style with a sleek ultra modern extension, this home has undergone a restoration and designer build transforming the ordinary to classic magnificence. Picture perfect from the front with sandstone façade and French doors opening onto the verandah, the home is set privately from the street with merely the subtlest hints of the lifestyle on offer within.
The superb wide hallway is a breathtaking welcome to large front rooms boasting classic early 1900’s features including leadlight, stunning high ceilings, deep skirting boards, original fireplaces and polished timber floors complemented by contemporary colours and finishes. Combine these highly desirable features with an extension of glass, stone, timber and create space, light and water for what is an amazing home. A full height glass door marks a seamless transition from old to new. Here there is a subtle shift with the original polished floors melding to beautiful mellow American oak flooring and open light-filled informal living spaces. Steps lead below to a sophisticated tasting cellar fully fitted out with racking and oak cabinetry, perfect for wine lovers to entertain special guests. The luxurious main bathroom with stylish features and powder room is configured for use by family and guests and the study nook caters for the household business. The lucky owners can holiday at home, waking to a resort-style view every day of the year with picture windows directly overlooking the sparkling pool, almost at the foot of the bed. Set apart from family accommodation the private master suite is also distinguished by a walk-in ‘his and hers’ robe to be envied with full length mirror to the end and fantastic use of cabinetry for every requirement. There is also no sacrificing quality and comfort in the ensuite with double vanity, stone free standing bath, luxury tiling and under-floor heating.
The informal living area is filled with natural light. North facing picture windows are positioned directly to the pool offering the ultimate water view and creating a sense of the ultra-modern. A feature gas indoor/outdoor fire provides added ambience and interest on the dreariest days and cold nights. At the hub of the open plan family and entertaining the kitchen with up lit bulkhead appears seemingly to be cantilevered above the workspace cleverly defining the space. Beneath, a large streamlined stone bench with space for bar seating is the central feature and offers the perfect opportunity to easily interact with family and friends while pool activities are also easily supervised. Offering integrated European appliances, sleek styling, smoky mirror splashbacks and custom built joinery, this kitchen dazzles. Every detail has been attended to in fitting out cupboards, storage and work areas. A working pantry adjacent the kitchen is cleverly designed alongside the slick laundry offering an amazing integrated work space for the fussiest of butlers, all directly accessed from the casual entry and carport.
Multi-stack sliding doors open to the pavilion and deck outdoors. Transition from indoors to outdoors is seamless ensuring entertaining is simple and enjoyable. Folding servery café windows to the outdoor kitchen further assists in ease of preparation and presentation. Orientated for sun drenched entertaining this area also has the indoor/ outdoor gas fire as a feature for winter gatherings. The garden is private with hedging of Manchurian Pear and upright Prunus. There is room for children to play and for everyone to relax and enjoy with minimal maintenance.
Offering the ultimate in modern living, the transformation undertaken by the current owners to outstanding exacting standards creates a home with extraordinary appeal, perfectly situated in elegant Malvern within walking distance of popular schools, shopping, cafes and restaurants. Make this home yours to age gracefully with together, you’ll never wish to leave.
• Entirely rebuilt residence completed in 2017
• Completely rewired, replumbed & reroofed
• 3.7m ceilings throughout
• Kitchen: 2x Hafle integrated fridge/freezers, DeLonghi integrated dishwasher, integrated range hood with remote extraction, 2 x Smeg pyrolytic ovens, Smeg 5 burner gas cook top
• Cellar: 522 rack bottle capacity, Vintec bar fridge, cabinetry with American Oak benchtop, Glass splashback
• Underfloor heating to bathrooms
• Ducted multi-zone reverse cycle air conditioning (2 units)
• Lighting design by Inlite, designer light fittings
• Foxtel connection to living & lounge
• Aiphone video intercom with 2 monitors, alarm system
• Elite Pool: fully tiled, in floor cleaning system, remote controlled LED pool lights, provision for solar heating
• Pavilion: Fully integrated BBQ on floating stone bench, Blackbutt timber decking, Real flame Simplicity two-way gas fire
• 3 phase underground power
• Automated under lawn irrigation & drip system to garden, remote controlled LED garden lighting
• Bluestone paving
• Automatic sliding gate & roller door with remote
• Garden shed & service area