House for sale
82 Santacatterina Road,
Port Douglas, QLD
4 6 11
Price Upon Application
Luxurious Lifestyle Estate on the Edge of the RainforestTropical North Queensland is home to two World Heritage sites, the magical Daintree Rainforest and the magnificent Great Barrier Reef. Alongside these natural wonders is the serene and very elegant Rainforest Estate. This stunning property sits at the base of the surrounding rainforest mountains, only fifteen minutes' drive from Port Douglas and offers the quintessential Tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Entering the property is a delight in its self. Driving across your private bridge, sparkling creek, and along the winding driveway completely framed by tropical vegetation, is just the beginning of your glorious discovery.
The main home is welcoming as you round the bend and as you pull into the carport, the sense of tranquillity and seclusion embraces you. The lovingly designed, yet natural gardens are overflowing with every tropical plant you could ever imagine and entering the home is like receiving a long cool drink in a frosty glass on a hot day. The internal waterfall in the entry is a stunning showstopper. The floor to ceiling louvred glass windows overlook the pool and the beautifully maintained lawns and gardens.
This 1980's home was completely transformed in 2007. All plumbing and electrical systems replaced, new timber and marble kitchen, new double bathrooms, outstanding Bose surround sound system inside and out, alarm system, home automation, fully irrigated and on never ending bore water straight from the rainforest mountains - you name it, it's happened.
The glorious and huge solar heated lagoon style salt water pool is perfect for the whole family. It comes with its own BBQ pavilion and under the house a 2000 bottle wine cellar is hidden.
Out onto the decking and up the floodlit elevated boardwalk, lies the second home which could house an extended family, the teenagers, the mother in law, or the staff. Providing completely independent living, this practical and stylish home also has an impressive master bedroom with en-suite, sitting room (or second bedroom) upstairs and downstairs a separate spacious lounge, bathroom and large timber kitchen.
In total, there is over 900 square metres of living space (indoor and outdoor) sitting on nine stunning acres of lush tropical grounds. With four master bedrooms, three additional sleeping areas, six bathrooms, private outdoor patios and huge living spaces, you could not run into anyone for hours. Or you could hold the best party for 100 people with dance floors and DJ's.
Oh wait, we forgot a gymnasium, home office, outdoor western red cedar hot tub, two more house pads (on a separate title) a helipad and a huge 280sqm shed for all the toys!
• Three Master Bedrooms
• Four Bathrooms
• Extensive indoor and outdoor entertaining areas
• Wine Cellar
• Swimming pool & hot tub
• Undercover parking
• Sleeps 6 - 8
• Floor Area - 407 sqm internal, 338 sqm external
• One Master Bedroom
• Lounge, kitchen and sitting room (or 2nd bedroom)
• Two Bathrooms
• Sleeps 2 - 10
• Floor Area - 139 sqm internal, 24 sqm external
• Gymnasium and home office
• Floor Area - 282 sqm
• Four acres of manicured lawns and gardens
• Five acres natural rainforest with permanent creek, three cleared pads and driveways for helipad, stables, tennis court, further accommodation, etc (subject to local council approvals)
• Rainforest Estate has a successful history of hosting weddings, functions and luxury holiday accommodation which can generate a substantial income to support a highly profitable business. All furniture, fittings, equipment, forward bookings, web site listings, marketing and administration materials included if desired.
• The replacement value of this unique property is well in excess of $4 Million. However, the owners have retired and downsized, they will consider all reasonable offers.
• Vendor Finance maybe available to prospective buyers upon application.
• Property can be purchased with no encumbrances to enable new owners to walk in to complete privacy and immediately take possession.
• The property has been built to the highest possible standard, with every conceivable luxury, right down to the advance home automation, entertainment and security technology and high quality furniture. It even includes a 2,000+ bottle temperature controlled wine cellar. There is nothing to do or need to spend on to move in and start enjoying this magnificent property and/or to continue running the lucrative business activities.
Last updated: 03:01PM on Nov 1st 2018