House for sale
83 Irvine Street,
4 3 2
Offers Above $1,100,000
Backing directly onto reserve overlooking Mount Majura in the Inner NorthDECADES IN THE MAKING
Even in the prime Inner North, a property like 83 Irvine Street is increasingly rare and usually loved and lived in by the same fortunate homeowners for most of their lives. No one else has had the opportunity to make this home their own for nearly 30 years -until now.
There's no compromise on proximity nor privacy here. Where else in Canberra can you simultaneously feel as though you live in the heart of the city and -while looking out across the established garden towards Justice Robert Hope Park and Mount Majura - feel as though you've scored your own personal nature reserve?
This home was built with quality materials to stand the test of time and an amount of space that offers that special flexibility.
Use this as a 3-bedroom home with a 1-bedroom flat, which has a separate entrance and can earn you extra income. (up to $300 p/w) Or, consider this a 4-bedroom home complemented by the 3 updated bathrooms and versatile living areas that face North and North-East. If you want to take even more advantage of the unique natural surrounds, extend the existing house to form a U shape or add another storey.
It's time for the current homeowners to move into the next chapter of their lives. The painstaking care they've given to this home over the course of their tenure means that the new owners can move straight into a transformed home. They've consistently performed routine inspections and maintenance, which includes regular painting inside and out and any and all repairs. The list of improvements made is extensive and we've captured some below.
Have you been looking for these features?
• Top location - close to the thriving Dickson and Braddon precincts, shops, schools, the airport and key public transport routes
• Backing onto a quiet corner of a reserve
• 3 large living areas, North and North-East facing
• Flat for flexible living arrangements complete with new electric, glass-top stove
• Completely renovated flat bathroom and house en-suite with removal of asbestos wall sheeting
• New frosted glass in all bathrooms
• New electrical outlets and switching including RCDs on all power circuits and USB ports in bedrooms for phone/tablet recharging
• 2 large but economical gas heaters (gas is approx. $70 per fortnight) plus electric heating in the flat
• 2 TransACT access points with Wi-Fi enabled
• Internal and external LED and halogen light fittings
• Kitchen boasts built in ash timber cabinet
• Merbau, screening around carport area and gate to side of house
• New exhaust fans in kitchen flat, replacement fans in main house bathroom and house
• Large Merbau timber deck built this year
• New secure screen doors
• New tiling to entry/laundry, kitchen floor and kitchen splashbacks
Last updated: 02:31PM on Feb 1st 2017