85A Cranbrook Park Road,
Little Hartley, NSW
COUNTRY LIFESTYLE DREAM WITH A MODERN TWISTAn immaculate ode to the quintessential Australian country house on just under 9 glorious acres, with views south across the Kanimbla Valley towards the distant Kanangra-Boyd wilderness. This privately situated country estate has enviable outlooks to garden, escarpment and farmland in every direction.
The home is a genteel, generously proportioned, luxuriously appointed recent build with all the graciousness of yesteryear: high ceilings, timber-lined walls, deep, shaded verandas, an entrance-way porch, a sweeping circular driveway and a beautiful country garden featuring rambling roses, bulbs, lavenders and hedges. In the split-level main house there are four bedrooms (the smallest king-size), with built-in cupboards. The master bedroom suite is on it's own separate floor and has a deep, covered veranda all to itself - taking private relaxation in a family home to another level! The gorgeous guest cottage is two storey and generously proportioned - it features a lounge /dining/kitchen downstairs with slow combustion fire, a cathedral ceilinged bedroom/sitting upstairs with ensuite, plus wide verandas on two sides.
The main house's recently fully renovated kitchen/family room is a country cook's dream, featuring a wide island bench, a walk-in pantry, double oven and terraces on three sides. Couches and a fireplace make it the perfect room that you will never want to leave. Step up a level to the gracious living room that takes in the sweeping view through a frameless floor-to-ceiling picture window and flows through to a generous, glassed-in dining room. This is a home for living your country dream, all within 2 hours from Sydney, 15 minutes from Blackheath and Lithgow, and within a vibrant rural community featuring historical sites, local markets, restaurants and cafes nearby.
• 4 bedrooms plus a one bedroom cottage
• Sunroom/dining room flows onto a sunny terrace
• Double brick construction
• Recently re-floored with honey-coloured, wide-board black butt
• A small orchard planted with peach, nectarine, cherry, and pear
• Large capacity water tank, bore water and an intermittent creek
• Satellite and internet connection
• Slow combustion fireplaces in the two living areas, plus split system air conditioning
• Two large storage sheds, originally built as kennels, including runs
• Spectacular array of roses flush throughout the season, including climbing roses that clamber over sunny north-facing walls
• Generously proportioned bathrooms with underfloor heating and heated towel rails, the main bathroom features a free-standing bath
• Terraces and decks spill from every room for the ultimate in indoor/outdoor living
• Flowering arbours scent the interiors in spring and provide shady terraces in summer
• Extensive deciduous and specimen plantings
• A long, sweeping tree-lined driveway culminates in a wide circle adjacent to house and cottage
Inspections by appointment