House for sale
97 Dumaresq Street,
4 2 1
Guide $1,300,000 Friendly Auction
‘Ibrox Villa’ – Fine Federation in Fashionable HamiltonAuction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
Welcome to ‘Ibrox Villa,’ a fine example of Federation architecture showcasing all the gorgeous hallmarks of the era including a traditional wrap-around verandah, Australiana leadlight detailing and soaring 3.4m ceilings enhancing the sense of space. A fragrant front garden, with roses in bloom, invites you in where a stylish renovation, just a few years old, delivers everything your family needs and caters effortlessly for both relaxed indoor and outdoor living and entertaining.
Now featuring four grandly proportioned bedrooms, two smartly updated bathrooms and a spacious formal lounge room enhanced by a mix of timber floors and plush carpet underfoot and fresh, neutral décor throughout.
At the rear, find your relaxed casual living, dining and kitchen zone where granite benches, an induction cooktop and dishwasher cater to family needs. Waiting outside is a timber deck area, which is the obvious spot for alfresco dining and where you can keep an eye on the kids in the pool or enjoy some quiet time with a book in hand. A cottage style workshop/ garden shed provides valuable storage opportunities or alternatively could be used as a studio.
The home benefits from gas heating and a series of solar panels generate household electricity plus bore water spear point pump supplying all your garden water requirements, and with DA approval already in place for a lock-up garage, there is nothing to do but move straight in.
In one of Hamilton’s most desired streets, this gorgeous home is just a few steps to the eclectic lifestyle options along Beaumont Street. The harbour and beaches are just minutes away.
- c.1913 weatherboard home with traditional wrap-around verandah
- Timber floors, picture rails, dado boards, corbelled hallway arches and fireplaces add character and charm
- Ultra-spacious formal lounge room connects to verandah
- Solar heated designed inground pool
- Ducted Smart Air Conditioning throughout the house
- Granite and timber kitchen with induction cooktop, pyrolytic oven and dishwasher
- Fully tiled family bathroom with clawfoot bath and large shower
- Laundry with handy second shower and w/c
- A sliding front gate provides secure off-street parking
- Four spacious bedrooms all with built-in robes
- Take advantage of DA approved plans to build a garage
- Close proximity to St Francis Xavier’s College and Merewether High
- 5 minutes from Newcastle CBD and beaches
Last updated: 01:36PM on Aug 15th 2018