Rural for sale
Rural in Boonah, QLD
5 3 0
"Blakehurst"“Blakehurst” The ultimate in lifestyle
Just a spectacular property. If you are looking for a luxury farm lifestyle, investment for tourism or first class grazing then this beautiful 162 acre farm is a must inspect.
The home is situated proudly in the middle of the block, atop a rise which is surrounded by the most fertile creek flats the Boonah District has to offer. The views are simply stunning. The home is beautifully renovated and located to survey all the property has to offer.
Exuding character and charm at every turn, the homestead has four bedrooms, open-plan living, a fireplace and sweeping decks ideal for summer and winter entertaining all while taking in the spectacular surrounding landscape.
Creature comforts such as french doors opening to verandas from every living space and bedroom, ducted air conditioning and an in-ground pool are also part of the package, while a gorgeous, serviced, weatherboard cottage sits adjacent to the house and makes for great guest accommodation.
The property features amazing improved pastures fronting the Teviot Brook and supply some of the best grazing money can buy anywhere in South East Queensland
The property is virtually drought-proof, thanks to the long Teviot frontage, dam storage, spring fed billabongs and two bores
- Easy to maintain 162 Acres
Includes 17 acre block located opposite the main drive on Ganthorpe Road. It has been advised this could be subdivided from the main block
- Overall estimated 40Ha alluvial creek front grazing
- 2 Bores both 10,000Gal/hr capacity
- Bore 1 Equipped with 3phase pump
- Bore 2 PTO Equipped no power
- 2 Dams
- 2 Creek Frontages
- Teviot Brook
- Black Rock Creek
- Shed 1 (18mx10m) contains 4 steal stables and with an extra bay with floor
- Shed 2 (16m x 6m) machinery parking with one enclosed bay on slab
- Shed 3 ( 12m x 12m ) Hay shed , full height
- Original 100yr old timber stable block with tack room ( 2 stables )
- 5 Main paddocks all well fenced
- 16 Outdoor Horse yards
- Portable steel round yard and arena on sand base
- 120m x 220m sports field for the horses, currently use for young horse polo
- The farm has been producing high quality polo ponies for many years,
The Homestead – circa 1910
- Hardwood flooring throughout
- 3m ceiling heights
- Open Planned Kitchen, with commercial oven, rangehood and stainless benchtops, access to outdoor dining/alfresco via bifold timber doors
- Dining Room featuring wonderful ceiling detailing and fireplace
- Lounge with access to the verandas
- Main bedroom has stunning views and a beautiful ensuite. Both have access via french doors to the veranda and private deck area
- Bed 2 & 3 share a good size balcony
- Bed 4 opens onto the pool area
- Main Bathroom features a bath
- Large open planned bedroom with ensuite
- Private veranda overlooking the stone BBQ fire pit and pool area
- Also features the laundry
Here is a extract from a recent interview with the owners Jo and Chris regarding Blakehurst with Scenic Road Magazine -
Owners Chris and Joanne Reid came here by chance, a sliding doors moment that changed the next 18 years of their lives. They share their story with us and talk about their home, the location and where they are off to next.
Joanne… “We were living in Montville and decided to sell…. And began to really look for something that stood out to us. One day Chris said to me, let’s just go for a drive and look at areas around Boonah - we then stumbled across this area of Mt Alford, just south of Boonah, it was out of pure curiosity.
With Chris’s work in Brisbane we felt like we needed something that was an easy commute. When we got to Boonah we thought, well this is far enough, but just like riding a horse on a big station, you always wonder what will be over the next crest.. We drove through Boonah, and then just over the next few rolling hills, this absolutely stunning scenery opened up. It was like something out of a picture book, you know you have found the right place, when your heart speaks to you”
Chris who has always loved looking at properties and looking at the potential of properties goes on to add …”We bought the property in 2004 and it needed a lot of work. This original farmhouse is circa 1910 and the history of the region is quite interesting - to know that this property and homestead were established when Queen Elizabeth and Kind George were visiting Coochin Homestead (which is just down the road) and riding horses in the area – is very fascinating”
You will have to check out the full story in the magazine for more. Full publication available online @ issuu
Blakehurst backs onto Kooroomba Vineyard and Lavender Farm which is a signature tourism destination for the area, famous for the views, the architecture, the fine food and wine – truly an unforgettable experience in the Scenic Rim
The Boonah Shire is an area high in demand among buyers looking for buyers looking for a rural lifestyle close enough to town or the buyer looking for a tourism investment. With such a progressive council, the Scenic Rim is becoming the place to be, just over an hour from Brisbane and one hour and 20 minutes from the Gold Coast, don’t miss this opportunity to purchase such as fine jewel
Rarely do properties of this calibre come onto the market, so we suggest you take this opportunity to inspect immediately as this property is on the market to be sold.
Last updated: 01:28PM on Aug 8th 2018