House for sale
House in Ingham, QLD
5 4 4
PRICED TO SELL
Tropical Sanctuary...Eco-Tourism PotentialTucked away in a private, elevated position 110 metres above sea level is this delightful lifestyle property on 16.8 acres of lush rainforest and bushland, showcasing a picture-postcard panorama encompassing 80 kilometres of coastline including the Hinchinbrook Channel, Hinchinbrook Island and the Palm Island group.
As you enter the double gated entrance and cruise up the 600 metre bitumen driveway, an enchanting tropical sanctuary unfolds...pristine, leafy and bordered by national park, it is also a haven for hundreds of species of birds, and a variety of wildlife.
The main residence itself is complete with three double sized resort-style bedrooms, two bathrooms, commercial grade kitchen with butlers’ pantry, built-in cupboards throughout, 49 square metres of living area with picture windows framing the sensational views, 3 metre wide wrap around timber verandahs with 2 additional external toilets catering for people with disabilities, and a double lock up internal garage. With a prized north east aspect, this home enjoys cooling breezes throughout the year.
Features include: 3m ceilings throughout, security screens, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, gas hot water system, 135,000 litre rainwater tanks, 6m x 6m galvanized metal framed shed with power, landscaped recycling units, and much more.
Two self-contained cottages provide inviting, cosy guest accommodation – each has a main bedroom, bathroom, living area, kitchen, verandah and driveway...framed by rainforest, they are private and the setting is beyond delightful! Each cottage also has a bunk bed nook and sleeps up to 4 people.
Formerly the renowned “Casual Cassowary Devonshire Tea House”, this lifestyle property was built in 2000 by its current owners, and its setting and stunning views even mentioned by popular travel guide Lonely Planet which reported it was a ‘world class view’.
In the most magical of settings – this property not only offers a ‘tree change’ but there is clear potential here to generate an income with short-stay accommodation offered in the cottages. Eco-tourism is the fastest growing stream in the tourist industry, and this lush tropical playground will offer guests not only privacy, but an opportunity to explore the wonders of nature firsthand, via the established walking tracks where they can observe a plethora of birdlife and overlooking nearby Hinchinbrook Island – Australia’s largest island National Park, and the Hinchinbrook Channel, protected with the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, which is only 30 km offshore.
You can enjoy total seclusion, privacy and some of the best views in Australia from your own home, where the stresses and angst of suburbia are distant memories...However, you are not isolated and out in the wilderness, the bustling town of Ingham is only 19 kilometres away offering all amenities including schools, shopping, medical, sports, and for boating or fishing enthusiasts you can be at the boat ramp in the centre of Hinchinbrook Channel in 10 minutes!
This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to change your destiny...contact Agent for full details & to arrange your private inspection.
• Enchanting lifestyle property on 6.8 hectares of lush bushland & rainforest;
• World-class panoramic views over 80 kms of coastline incl: Hinchinbrook Channel;
• Main residence – 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, commercial grade kitchen;
• Massive living area with picture windows to showcase breathtaking vista;
• 3 metre wide timber decked verandah on three sides – prized north east aspect;
• 2 x 1 bedroom self-contained cottages (sleeps 4) each with verandah;
• Gas hot water system, 6mx6m galvanized shed with power, 135,000 rainwater tanks;
• Excellent mobile reception, landline, broadband satellite connected, mains power;
• Private, double gated entrance 600 metre bitumen driveway, 110m above sea level;
• Plethora of native wildlife and hundreds of species of birds to observe;
• Built in 2000, formerly operated as 'Casual Cassowary Devonshire Tea House'
• Capitalise on the fast growth of the eco-tourism sector...this is perfectly positioned;
• 18 kms to township of Ingham offering all major amenities
- schools, shops, medical & sporting;
• Seclusion, lifestyle, privacy, views...without the isolation – a very unique opportunity!
Last updated: 12:29PM on Nov 18th 2014