House for sale
House in Mount Macedon, VIC
5 6 2
The Laurels - contemporary mountain showpiece• 12m Indoor Pool / Spa (gas and solar heated)
• Quality zoned gas hydronic heating throughout
• Double-glazing throughout, reducing heat loss in the cooler months
• Fan assisted wood heaters in the living zones
• Expansive indoor and outdoor entertaining zones
• 100” Screen & cinema room
• Double garage, and storeroom / workshop
• Garden shed / mower storage shed (under studio)
• CBUS intelligent lighting and home automation
• Security Alarm
• European appliances throughout
• Quality Italian light-fittings
• 3 fully cabled Audio Visual Zones
• A fully self-contained separate guest room / studio
• Network points throughout (perfect for smart TV and media streaming)
The Laurels is a refreshingly contemporary home, perfectly positioned at elevation to take in views of the mature garden, wider views south to the Lerderderg ranges and east along the Mt Towrong ridge line. The setting itself is sunny and open. This home has been designed to sit above the tree-line, to capture the wide views and open garden aspects from every room.
Here, all the hard work has been done, every detail has been thought of and executed with a degree of quality rarely found.
The main entrance walk-way offers glimpses of the sparkling pool, and leads beyond into an impressive double-height gallery space. Upstairs, an extra-large living and entertainment zone, opens southward onto a generous elevated terrace. Cross a bridge spanning the entry to a powder room, a massive Master Suite with separate walk-in- robe, and ensuite, and another large bedroom, with robe and ensuite.
The lower levels, boasts another two generous sized rooms, (one currently configured as a large study area). Both have access to their own separate ensuite / bathroom. A fully equipped kitchen overlooks the carefully landscaped rear courtyard, BBQ pergola, and deck. The rear courtyard area, is fully fenced and perfect security for pets. The lounge and dining zones open forward onto a large tiled deck, that sits out and into the garden, with views across Forest Glade, to Mt Towrong. Further along a fully glazed sunroom, provides a perfect tranquil sitting room, overlooking a formal fish pond, and connects back into the main double height entry zone.
Two acres of old Mt Macedon Garden complete the setting, with a wide collection of mature trees, rhododenrdrons, perennial beds, sunny open lawned spaces, a woodland of naturalised bulbs in spring, interspersed with winding paths and rockwork.
With an easy 55 minute commute to the CBD (and 30 minutes to the airport), we provide a rare opportunity to purchase a property of distinct character, quality and position in Mt Macedon with unparalleled privacy and views with convenient main road access.
For more information or to arrange an inspection please contact Dominic Romeo on 0438 500 277.
Last updated: 08:16AM on Sep 19th 2017