Townhouse for sale
PENTHOUSE 198 Esplanade,
4 5 4
Absolute Beachfront Indulgence with Spectacular City and Water ViewsINSPECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Simply breathtaking in design, scope and detailed luxury, this dazzling 4 bedroom, 5.5 bathroom penthouse entertainer showcases stunning 180 degree views sweeping over the blue waters of the bay and the show-stopping city skyline. Set on Melbourne’s premier beachfront boulevard in an elevated position of privilege, this is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to live the Bayside life you love in style, substance and sophistication!
Discover 3 lift-driven levels over 60 squares (approx.) and 3 separate living spaces. Enjoy a very real sense of depth with gallery-inspired, open-plan living and dining on the first floor, framed by an imposing parade of 3 metre high glass walls. Wonderfully wide-reaching, spill out to a commanding balcony, magnifying the already special sense of occasion. Dine alfresco every day or entertain on a grand scale in a unique setting of indulgence, truly capturing the essence of prestigious penthouse living.
This awe-inspiring experience is magnificently matched by an integrated, high-end Viking and Gaggenau kitchen with every imaginable appliance including a coffee maker, wine fridge, Zip HydroTap and a commercial-grade cooktop. This sleek celebration of range, placement and presentation will satisfy the most reluctant of home chefs, boasting the added benefit of a concealed butler’s pantry with dumbwaiter service lift to the top floor.
Offering the complete Gold Class package, discover a sound-proofed home cinema with an oversized and curved 4 metre Stewart screen, audiophile sound boosted by isolated air conditioning to preserve acoustic integrity, and 8 hand-crafted, leather reclining lounges in a tiered seating arrangement. Nearby is a sumptuous powder room and a stately home office with an integrated desk and cabinetry.
Designed with distinction by Edgard Pirrotta, in conjunction with interior designer Sue Carr, the considered layout offers rest and retreat for the whole family. Intricately detailed and zoned to perfection, the trio of bedrooms are all generous in size, enhanced by the addition of their own private ensuites. The opulent main is a stylistic masterpiece, complete with dressing room, mirrored cabinetry, north-facing balcony, and a luxe, twin-vanity ensuite showcasing an elevated Kaldewei bath.
Free-flowing and purpose-built for memorable entertaining, the pièce de résistance is a top-floor, sunset-infused bar and lounge with the thrilling decadence of leather day beds. This privileged perch extends outwards on a tempting terrace, boldly highlighting the blue waters of Port Phillip Bay and the dramatic beauty of the You Yangs. Stunning day or night, Melbourne’s scintillating skyline stretches across the horizon, an unforgettable backdrop providing long-lasting memories at every celebration. The top floor also comes complete with a second study, a skylit storeroom, and a fully tiled bathroom with a decadent Villeroy and Boch bathtub.
Escape to the ultimate luxury of the pool-house studio on the lower ground floor. A versatile, resort-style setting complemented by a glass mosaic-tiled pool, take advantage of another amazing commercial-grade Viking kitchen, complete with a professional grill, a pair of Fisher and Paykel drawer dishwashers, wine and bar fridges and a Miele microwave. Step outside to a terrace and positively private pool featuring a swim-jet feature with multiple spa nozzles, waterfall, solar heating with gas top-up, self-cleaning and automatic chemical balancing capacity. This entire space would work perfectly as a guest bedroom, a multi-generational opportunity or a bedroom and retreat for one very lucky teenager. This floor also plays host to a handy bathroom.
Superior inclusions define the interiors and exteriors with a remote-controlled garage for 4 cars, an allocated car-wash bay, a supersized basement storeroom, fully automated, state-of-the-art C-Bus convenience, high-quality audio system, extensive heating and cooling throughout, remote-controlled roller blinds, video intercom, monitored alarm plus surveillance system, a 30,000 litre underground water tank plus automated irrigation, wide European oak and hand-picked Amadora marble flooring, designed landscapes, and so much more!
One of only two on a broad and deep block, a Bayside lifestyle does not get any better than this. So close to Brighton’s iconic bathing boxes, Melbourne’s most prestigious schools and Church Street’s transport and boutique shopping, embrace an unmatched lifestyle with a timeless and commanding coastal presence. Book your private inspection today!
At a glance...
* 3 large robed bedrooms, all with private ensuites, main with twin-vanity ensuite plus bath, palatial dressing room, and a peaceful balcony
* 4th bedroom as part of a poolhouse studio
* Spacious and sun-filled open-plan living and dining with sweeping city and water views
* 2 balconies with bay and city outlooks
* 2 stone-topped, commercial-grade Viking and Gaggenau kitchens
* Home cinema with 4 metre screen and recliner seating for 8
* 2 further luxurious bathrooms
* Top-floor, fully contained celebration space with massive WOW factor!
* Grand poolhouse studio with kitchenette
* Full-sized home office with water views
* Second study
* Powder room on principal living floor
* Large laundry
* Sensational self-cleaning and heated swimming pool with swim jets and spa nozzles
* Landscaped, low-maintenance gardens
* High-quality audio system with surround sound
* Remote-controlled roller blinds and outdoor screening
* Fully automated, state-of-the-art C-Bus convenience
* Secure video intercom entry, monitored alarm plus surveillance system
* Ducted vacuum
* Back-up solar energy
* 30,000 litre underground water tank plus automated irrigation
* Wide European oak and hand-picked Amadora marble flooring
* Ducted heating, refrigerated cooling and 4 gas log fireplaces
* Internal lift access
* Basement parking for 4 cars
* Ample storage
* Moments from the beach, schools, restaurants, transport, shopping and parkland
Property Code: 1337
Last updated: 12:17PM on Sep 18th 2019